The quarterly meeting of the Additive Manufacturing (AM) Working Group will be held at CATALYST CONNECTION ON WEDNESDAY, May 23, 2018 at 1:00 pm.
The topic of this month’s Working Group Meeting is metal additive manufacturing. SLM Solutions, a provider of metal-based AM technology, will be our guest presenter discussing the materials evolution related to metals. We will also discuss the variety of materials available for metal AM systems, current metal properties and standards, and tips for working with metal powders.
There is No Cost to attend, but you must RSVP beforehand!
Additive Manufacturing Working Group Charter
The purpose of the AM Working Group is information sharing and education to help participating companies successfully evaluate AM and determine where and how their organization could most benefit from its adoption.
- Email – meeting communications, meeting notes, pilot requests
- Linked In Group (not yet active) – technology updates, pilot requests, best practices and lessons learned
- E-Newsletter (not yet active) – AM industry updates, case studies, adoption best practices and lessons learned
- Website – meeting announcements, meeting registration
- Face-to-face Meetings – the Working Group meets quarterly at different venues to allow members to view the equipment and capabilities of different facilities / organizations
As a member of the Working Group, you will help Catalyst Connection and America Makes:
- Define common AM interests and needs of the manufacturing community
- Participate in pilots as new tools, assessments and training materials are developed
- Provide feedback and insights to help us determine what works and what doesn’t when it comes to AM evaluation and adoption by manufacturers
How to Join the AM Working Group
Contact Connie Palucka of your desire to join the Group @ email@example.com or 412-918-4259.
There is no cost; however you must register to attend.
May 23, 2018
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM